Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 30 November 2014

How Has God Shown You His Love? My Amazing Moving Miracle!

Love Lifted Me - And My Stuff!

The day before I received Christ into my heart and was born anew, I'd received a very troubling phone call - all my belongings in storage were about to be sold. To rescue our family heirlooms and furniture I needed to arrive at 9am Monday morning with the funds to pay the overdue storage fees, and a means of removing my items from storage.
How I ended up going from earning $76,000 a year to no income and no vehicle, is a story for another time. This post is about an amazing way God showed His Love for our family in a very unusual and tangible way.
Curious?

Sometime God works in really amazing ways. Here is what I call my moving miracle. What would you call it?

Being Open to God's Will

When I received the phone call telling me all our belongings were going to be sold. I had no idea what to do. 
I had a handful of change, no vehicle to pick up our belongings, and Fibromyalgia. 
I cried out to God my heart aching thinking about the photo albums with baby pictures, my grandmother's sewing machine, my years of teaching work, our furniture, and kitchen items we'd needed to store to come home and care for my father. 
"Lord I sobbed, what can I do?" 
I made a frantic phone calls, but no one could help.
Realizing there was nothing I could do about it, I put on a brave face though my heart was aching inside, and tried to push it from my mind.
August 13th I attended Omemee Outreach at the Beach half-hoping by some miracle I'd get a job with payment in advance, and meet someone there who could help me. 
At the Outreach I was healed of the Fibromyalgia, and my worries about the storage problem were temporarily eclipsed by the joy in my new health and strength.
Sunday morning. I walked to church for the first time in years astounding everyone with not needing to even use the lift. 
Sunday night as I prepared for bed, something Mrs. Grassie, wife of a former Trinity United Church minister said to me, came into my mind.
"When I go to bed at night, I just give all my problems to God, and rely on Him to take care of them."

My Prayer

"Lord I prayed,I am so thankful for you healing me.
I'm going to give you this problem.
I need to have $xxx.xx to the storage place by 9 am tomorrow morning, and a way to pick up our belongings.
I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about this.
I know because of how you healed me nothing is impossible for you. If it is Your will that we have those things, you'll find some way for us to get them.
If it is not your will we have those things, we won't have them.
Whatever Your will is, I'm ready to accept it. Amen."
I dropped off to sleep immediately.

God Answers Prayer

I awoke the next morning to find the song "Open the Eyes of My Heart" running through my head.
I glanced at the time - 6:30 am.
The song grew louder, and I found myself humming it as I straightened items by the desk.
A paper caught my eye peeking out from under the stack. Picking it up, I noticed it was a statement from the RBC - an account I hadn't used in ages.
"You want me to call this bank?" I argued mentally.
"I know there's no money in that account. I haven't used it in at least 3 years."
"OK OK, I 'm going around singing "Open the Eyes of My Heart" What's it going to hurt to make a phone call?"
A few moments later, I stared astounded at the phone - there was enough money in the account to rescue our belongings plus $50!
"OK That's interesting, I argued once again, but I have no way of getting to the bank and who on earth could I call at this hour in the morning to see if they could move my belongings?"
The phone rang.
I stared at it dumbfounded, who calls at 7:30 in the morning?
"Err... hello?"
"Sorry to call so early in the morning, but someone told us to call you. They said you do web work?"
"Yes, I can sometimes help people."
""They also said you do web work in trade?"
"Yes, I do web work for a local farmer and they supply us with food and water."
"Well we don't even know if we have anything you could use."
"You might have something lying around your house we could use, you never know."
"What is it you need done?"
"Well we haul boats and recycle them, and we need some websites set up."
"You have trailers??? "I couldn't believe my ears.
"Like trailers people use to move furniture? ?? I could definitely use your help!"
"Well, the other problem is, we're going away for a couple of weeks, and then we'll be really busy, so the only time we could possibly help you is this morning. My husband can't lift anything though, he was in a collision and has a bad back."
"That's fine, I was healed Saturday, and we can lift everything." I exclaimed.

By 11:30 am, God had miraculously shifted two storage lockers of furniture from Lindsay to my father's house in Omemee. 
Oh God is so AMAZING!
Later while setting up their websites I asked who had told them to call me -The woman couldn't remember.

Has God Done Amazing Miracles in Your life too?
I would love to hear about them.
Please share a bit about how God has shown His Love your life.

Thanks for reading! Let's keep in touch! Subscribe to My Christian Contemplations by Email - It's free!
May God Bless you today and always,
Suzanne
Related Scriptures

  •  Jn 16:24....... "Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." 
  •  Mt 21:22........."...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." 
  •  Jer 33:3......... "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things..." 
  • Job 22:27...... "You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you..." 
  •  1Jn 5:14........ "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." 
  •  1Jn 5:15........ "And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." 
  •  Jn 14:13........ "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." 
  •  Jn 15:7.......... "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." 
  •  Mt 18:18........ "Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." 
  •  Jn 15:16........ "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
  •  Jer 29:12........ "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." 
  • Isa 65:24........ "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer, and while they are speaking I will hear." 
  •  Ps 91:15........ "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him." 
  •  Ps 141:2......... "Let my prayer be set before You as incense, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice." 

1 comment:

  1. Are you facing an seemingly impossible conundrum?
    Another verse to remember is:
    "I can do all things through He who strengthens me."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Family friendly comments are posted after moderation.