Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Divine Appointment Gives Encouragement! - Refurbished Homes By Refurbished People!

Refurbished Homes By Refurbished People Gains Accessible Washroom Campaign Tool!

Thursday, I had a Divine Appointment that gave further verification to Refurbished Homes By Refurbished People. Before I was reborn, I used to think of  Divine appointments as coincidences, but now I know they are Divine appointments or as my friend Clarence calls them - "God Incidences".
Have you ever had a Divine Appointment like this? 

My ReStore Divine Appointment

Thursday,  after picking up my daughter for an outing in Oshawa, I got an urging to go to the ReStore Building on Simcoe Street.
I'd driven past the building previously, but something was telling me to go to the building. Are you familiar with ReStore?
Restores sell donated building  materials, tools, appliances and furniture to help raise funds for Habitat for Humanity - a Christian organization that helps decrease homelessness by helping people build homes with no interest loans.
  In our community, Kawartha Lakes Ontario, you must have an income level of at least $30K per year to qualify for a Habitat for Humanity Home.
As I pulled into the parking lot, my DD asked why we were there. I replied, maybe they would have a wallpaper border with hearts on it that we could use to help raise funds for the accessible washroom we hoped to build at the Hôtel Dieu for Women. Then I added that I'd gotten a price on the cost of renting a truck to take our furniture to northern Ontario, and it was going to be about $1K. As an after hought I added, wouldn't it be great if God put someone in our path that could help us move our belongings for less?

Divine Appointment - Joe Bodurka

No sooner had we entered the store, and wound our way to the wallpaper border section, than we spotted Joe B. , an Oshawa Realtor who frequently attends Omemee Christian Outreach  dinner meetings! 
Out of all the people to be in the store at that particular time!
Joe asked how things were progressing with the Hôtel Dieu, and I shared how we'd gotten a price on moving our belongings north. Joe then shared that he had a large trailer he could loan us, and he seemed quite certain, another man who attends Omemee Outreach would be willing to tow it behind either his large truck or upcycled bus!
Wow!
Joe also shared that he needed to go to Europe for a funeral, but that he would be back in about two weeks. God put it on my heart to ask if he would have an opportunity to do any ministry while he was away, and to pray for Joe to have opportunities opened to him to increase God's Kingdom.
Was this divine appointment for me or for Joe or perhaps both?
Joe was saying half to himself"Well I do come into the ReStore quite frequently.." as if trying to explain the God appointed meeting to himself.

God Confirms Our Fundraising Plans 

Meanwhile, my DD had lost interest in the conversation and turned to the shelving unit stuffed full of odds and sods wallpaper borders.
Excitedly she tapped me on the shoulder - 
"Mum! Look!" 
It was a roll of wallpaper border with hearts on it! Almost exactly as I'd imagined it. 
Hearts Wallpaper Border

We searched the rack for two hours trying to find another roll, but no- it was the only roll like it in the shelving unit!
During our search, two other rolls surfaced as well - one with a clothesline and baby clothes hanging on it - as in my dream.
Baby clothes on a Clothesline - Wall Paper Border
The other? ANoah's Ark Border - representing the little wooden animals and boat the children had been playing with in the Hôtel Dieu for Women dream.
Noah's Ark Wallpaper Border

When we got to the cash register, the cashier noted:
"We just marked all the wallpaper borders down to 50 cents each."
Thank you, Lord, for confirming the plans for our fundraiser for the accessible washroom!

How Is Refurbished Homes by Refurbished People Different from Habitat for Humanity?

I was asked how Refurbished Homes by Refurbished People was different from Habitat for Humanity.
Habitat for Humanity is a Christian foundation created to help reduce homelessness by building houses or helping low-income people stay in their homes by refurbishing them with the help of no interest loans.  Refurbished Homes by Refurbished People is also a Christian Foundation, but it puts the focus on actively seeking to help people who cannot work full time to become Refurbished while undertaking the refurbishing of a home.

Thanks for reading! Let's keep in touch!
Subscribe to My Christian Contemplations by Email - It's free!
May God Bless you ,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Family friendly comments are posted after moderation.