Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 1 June 2015

1Thessalonians - Spared from Wrath! [Dream]

Spared from Wrath!

Do you have friends who are born again, but are skeptics like me?
Do you wonder:
How can God forgive me of the things I've done?
- or
Am I truly forgiven if others don't forgive me?
This post contains a dream in which I was reassured of being bound for Glory, and no longer subject to God's wrath. Have you been blessed with a dream like this one?
Have you been blessed with a dream like this one?

Journeying to Glory

Carrying Life's Blessings and Burdens

I was trying to carry a number of new purchases: there was a home, a vehicle, and a number of other items. I kept trying to rearrange them - trying to figure out how I could move forward and carry them.
image Al Waxman - Canadian actor
Al Waxman
A short stocky balding man who looked like Mr. Ucellini of Greencastle PA, [or Al Waxman in Twice in a Lifetime but shorter and with less hair] bustled up from behind my right shoulder, scooped up all my packages into a white sheet.  Hailed a yellow cab, and bundled the sheet full of packages, and myself into the backseat. 
"Now why didn't I think of that? How does he know where I'm going?" I wondered, then voiced, "Thank you very much."
"It's a pleasure to help such a beautiful bride!" he replied beaming as he hurried towards the front seat of the cab.
"But I'm not..." I broke off catching a glimpse of my hand. There was a diamond ring on my ring finger. This puzzled me, for I knew that I wasn't married to any man.
The man quickly hopped into the passenger seat beside the driver giving directions.

Bound for Glory

Train Station
In the next part of the dream I was standing in a small train station, and "Mr. Ucellini" was at the ticket counter buying me a ticket.
"How does he know where I'm going?" I wondered.
"Mr. Ucellini" handed me a cardboard ticket.
"Thank you very much," I replied.
"It's a pleasure to help such a beautiful bride!" he replied beaming.
"But I'm not," I began.
Mr. Ucellini nodded towards the ticket beaming.
I looked at the ticket, there was one word on it - Glory.
"No why didn't I think of going there?" I wondered, mentally agreeing "Of course that's where I'm bound."

Spared from Wrath

image woman's hands folded with wedding ring short fingernails
Bride of Christ
In the final dream segment, I was still in the train station with "Mr. Ucellini". I was trying to find some way to thank him. He'd done so much for me. I was so grateful. 
A woman's voice came over the loudspeaker - his secretary"I can find no ticket for Wrath." The voice told announced.
"Ahh! Here is a way I might be able to thank him!" I thought. " I can give him my ticket! I began searching for my Wrath ticket - not in my pockets, nor my bags. 
"Where did my ticket for Wrath go?"I wondered."I'd always had that ticket. It has to be here somewhere." 
"I have a ticket for Wrath here somewhere, " I told him.
Smiling indulgently, he patted my hand. "No, your ticket for Wrath is gone. It's a pleasure to help such a beautiful bride."
-   -    -    -    -
When I awoke I was filled with such a feeling of peace and gratitude.
God had given me a ticket for Glory and removed my ticket to Wrath.
I was a Bride of Christ!
My ticket to Wrath that I'd carried all my life was gone!

Do you want to be spared from the Wrath?
Do you think that you may have sinned too greatly for God to forgive you?
God promises He remembers your sin no more when you repent - changing your mind and changing your ways, turning your life around to follow Christ and serve God.
God understands the cry in your heart.
God wants to talk with you, He wants to have a personal relationship with you.
You can begin your life new today.
"Come, let us discuss this," says the Lord,"Though your sins be as red as scarlet, I will make them as white as snow." [Isaiah 1:18]
It is easy to accept the gift of Grace God has for you.
Just ask Christ to come into your heart.
He will Live in you if you will live in him.

@->---  --<-@

Contemplating Related Scriptures: God's Wrath, Bride of Christ, Glory

God's Wrath Scriptures:

In Paul's first letter to the Thessalonians, he writes that God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through Jesus Christ, who died for us that we might be saved whether we are awake or sleeping that we might live with him. [1 Thessalonians 5:9]
How do people escape the wrath of God?
John the Baptist admonished the Scribes and Pharisees who came to be baptized to escape the wrath that they must be sure to bear fruit that would give outward evidence of their repentance. For those that do not bear fruit will be cut off and cast into the fire. He also pointed out that Christ would baptize with the Holy Spirit. [Matt 3 7-10]
There is a great debate that separates Christians - Do we need to be baptized by immersion to enter God's Kingdom?
In the past, I have often pointed to Christ telling the thief beside him on the cross, that he would be with him in paradise that day, as evidence that we do not need to be baptized by immersion in water to be redeemed. [Luke 23:43] 
However, when I observed an immersion baptism at The Embassy in Oshawa a few weeks ago, something inside me cried out "Me Too! Me Too!",  and I had an almost overwhelming compulsion to run up and demand to be baptized right then and there.
The wonderful thing about God is that He loves each of us so dearly, that He calls us each to worship Him in the way that is best to increase His Kingdom. I know there is a verse about this in the Bible. Do you know where to find it?

Bride of Christ Scriptures:

What does it mean to be a Bride of Christ?  There are several interpretations of what is meant by the Bride of Christ in the Bible. When I was young, I believed that a Bride of Christ was a woman who devoted herself to God - as a nun. Growing up in Canada as part of the Protestant church, I did not know that in Europe there were both Catholic and Protestant nunneries where women devoted their lives to advancing God's Kingdom by showing the Love of Christ to others. Since the interpretation of dreams is highly personal, this is the meaning I am taking for myself from this dream. Since God saved my life, I am so grateful that I want to do whatever God wants me to do to increase His Kingdom.
However, reading the Bible, I cannot find any verses referring to such groups of women as the Brides of Christ.  Rather the Bride of Christ, or the Bride of the Lamb, is shown to be the church (or Christians as a group) in some places and the Holy City of Jerusalem in others. [Isaiah 54:5 is perhaps the first instance of Jerusalem referred to as the Bride of God. Later Jesus refers to himself as the Bridegroom in [Mark 2:19-20] and his disciples as wedding guests. In [John 14:1-3] Jesus refers to himself as performing a traditional wedding task of the bridegroom - preparing a place for His Bride. In Revelations 19:7-9 the pure white linen of the bride is formed by the deeds of the saints and the angel says "Blessed are they that are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb."

Glory Scriptures:

Perhaps one of my favourite  Gospel Songs is "This Train is Bound for Glory". Do you know this song?  My understanding of the references to Glory in the Bible is that it is a state of being honourable and a light exudes from those who carry this glory. The Glory of God is so overwhelming it cannot be approached or looked upon with the naked eye. In Exodus 33:18-23 Moses asked God to show him His Glory, and God protects Moses from seeing His Face, for no one may look upon His face and survive. In Revelations 21:23, the Glory of God lights up the city.
How can we move towards being more glorious?
How can we be bound for Glory?
I believe that it is through living in Christ and Christ living in us.
When we seek God in all things and act in accordance to His Will, God helps us become more honourable.
For example Proverbs 11 says it is to our glory to overlook an offense. 
What do you think?
Thanks for reading! Let's keep in touch! Subscribe to My Christian Contemplations by Email - It's free!
May God Bless you,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Family friendly comments are posted after moderation.